Family Faith Formation is a HOME-BASED CATECHESIS that requires parents and children to attend a monthly formation class (Sundays, October thru April) and work at home on lessons. It is for families whose eldest child is at least three years old (Pre-Kindergarten) and serves students through the 7th grade academic year. In addition to attending the monthly FFF Sundays, parents also commit to:
- Attending Mass regularly as a family.
- 10 hours of MANDATORY volunteer time per family at SMSP.
- Completing Faith Formation Textbook Assignments, at home as per on Take-Home Calendar (will be distributed with Books in October).
- Attending additional Sacramental Preparation sessions. Dates will be provided.
During our MONTHLY SESSION, children attend grade specific classes taught by college students while adults attend a parent formation session. It is required that at least one adult from each family attend each entire session. On each program date we offer three sessions. Your child’s age and grade may determine which session your family attends. You may request a specific session, but please know that due to program limitations, we may not be able to place you in the session of your choosing.
- Session I: Participants meet in Newman Hall for brunch (Family Style – Baskets on tables), beginning at 8:00 AM. Children and adults then attend class. After the teaching session everyone attends the 10:00 AM Mass.
- Session II: Participants attend the 10:00 AM Mass and then meet in Newman Hall for brunch (Family Style – Baskets on tables). Children and adults then attend class until about 1:00 PM.
- Session III: Participants attend the 12:00 PM Mass and then meet in Newman Hall for lunch (Family Style – Baskets on tables). Children and adults then attend class until about 3:00 PM.