Informed by Catholic social teaching and the example of St. Ignatius of Loyola, the Faith Doing Justice Ministry at St. Mary Student Parish seeks to provide opportunities for students and parishioners to grow in faith and love through acts of justice and charity.
Faith Doing Justice 2021-22 Opening Meeting
- Thursday, 9/23 at 4pm on Zoom
- Hear from Ruby Pérez (FDJ Student Intern) and Fr. Bobby about some 2021-22 FDJ plans and goals
- Share your social justice experiences, commitments, and hopes for SMSP
- Develop new collaboration and planning processes
- Register for Zoom meeting: FDJ Meeting Registration
- Sunday, September 26 from 9-10pm in the St. Mary Student Parish Loyola Room
- An evening for BIPOC Catholics prayer, reflect, share, and enjoy some snacks.
- Click here to register or contact: Ruby Pérez email@example.com
WORKING GROUPS AND ADVOCACY TEAMS
Strangers No Longer: Support our immigrant family – Rooted in Christ’s call to recognize Him in one another, especially in the marginalized, St. Mary Student Parish loves and welcomes our immigrant brothers and sisters. We serve as a safe home and dynamic resource for our immigrant and non-immigrant communities by providing pastoral care, education, and advocacy opportunities all based in mutual companionship.
Antiracism Working Group – The Antiracism Working Group seeks racial justice by practicing accompaniment, education and action. As a working group, we seek concrete solutions to confront and dismantle racism in our St. Mary parish community and also collaborate with local organizations and parishes to support each other in this work. We sponsor parish-wide educational events, liturgies and prayer services, and other projects. Learning together, we practice communal prayer and discernment, and encourage each other toward continued conversion through dialogue and reflection. We hope to help create an antiracist St. Mary Student Parish, a Beloved Community in the image of Jesus’s love.
All are invited to join in the 21-Day Equity Challenge: 2021 Edition to help each of us to confront racism in our lives and communities. Click here for more information.
OPPORTUNITIES FOR STUDENTS
Are you a student looking to serve with other students? Make sure to check out Alternative Spring Break!
Are you part of an organization looking for student volunteers? Contact our parish office to explore a partnership with St. Mary.
Contact Fr. Bobby Karle, SJ with questions.