Our Catholic & Jesuit heritage is steeped in tradition – one of the oldest among these is the offertory collection. During the early years, parishioners gave a portion of their yield to the church. As times changed, the offering changed to coins, paper money, and checks.
Today, the tradition of the offertory collection is changing once more. Working with My Own Giving, a safe and secure online donation system you control, you can donate online! Set up an account to manage repeated giving, or simply use the quick give feature for donation without registration. No more missed Sunday collections or special donations. You have at your finger tips the opportunity to always be there to support St. Mary.
Online Giving Can Benefit You!
- Eliminates the need for writing checks
- Choose a payment option that works for you—debit, credit card, savings account, or checking account
- Convenient when traveling—you can still donate while away from home
- Easily adjust amount of recurring donations
- Schedule donations to fit your financial schedule
- Full donation history online
- Receive e-mail reminders of scheduled donations prior to account deductions
- Receive e-mail receipts for all donations processed through My Own Giving
Online Giving is Safe & Secure
- There is no parish access to any parishioner account information, only email, address and giving history can be accessed.
- Secure access environment for parishioner activity.
- Account information is encrypted immediately using 128 bit encryption.
- No escrow holding account, contributions are processed daily.
- No paper forms to store or secure.
Financial Quick Reference
- Our federal tax ID number is 38-1358228. St. Mary Student Parish is registered as a tax exempt organization under 501(C)(3).
- Stock transfer through Wells Fargo
Depository Trust Company (DTC): 0141
Account Number: 5826-5216
- Stock transfer Vanguard to Vanguard
Account Number: 881-60554382
Other Ways to Give
- Stock St. Mary Student Parish gratefully welcomes gifts of stock. Donors may avoid capital gains taxes by transferring stock directly to St. Mary.
- Matching Talk with your employer about their matching gift program. They may be able to help you double or even triple the amount of your contribution!
- Real Estate Donating property to SMSP allows you to avoid tax on the appreciation in value and receive a current charitable deduction on your income taxes.
- Bequests Remembering SMSP in your will through a charitable bequest reduces the amount of your estate that is subject to estate tax.
- Charitable Trusts When you create a charitable remainder trust, you guarantee a gift to St. Mary Student Parish in the future. In return, you receive both an annual income from the assets you use to fund the trust and an immediate tax deduction. A charitable lead trust works the opposite way. SMSP receives an annual income stream from the trust assets for a period of time, and the remainder goes to your heirs.
Please contact Danielle Kopin with any additional questions.