Located in the heart of downtown, St. Mary boasts over 6,000 parishioners of all ages, a $1.5 million operating budget, and a diverse, exceptional staff. An internship with St. Mary provides students with an opportunity to apply what they are learning academically while gaining valuable professional and leadership skills.
One needs not to be considering a career in ministry to benefit tremendously from an internship with St. Mary. Our staff is composed of 20 professionals whose varied backgrounds include communications, engineering, social work, education, theology, and business provide a diverse learning environment.
- gain valuable insight into working for a faith-based non-profit
- meet bi-weekly with their intern cohort for professional development and formation sessions
- gain practical skills and experience in their area of interest
- collaboratively create and implement a project to be showcased to the parish at the completion of the internship
- receive a $500 stipend per semester
Click here to apply! The application closes at midnight on March 12.
Internships are available in the following areas (click for more info):
Intern Showcase Archive:
Pieced Together: The Bigger Picture
The 2015-2016 St. Mary Student Parish interns are proud to present an original short film that showcases how a portrait of the body Christ is composed of our own individual images of joy and suffering. The premiere of “Pieced Together: The Bigger Picture” was Wednesday, March 30, 2016 at the Michigan Theater. Enjoy the event photos below and an encore of Pieced Together!
Divine Selfie: A Snapshot of Our True Selves
Our 2014-2015 interns completed their final project titled Divine Selfie: A Snapshot of Our True Selves. The documentary premiered at the Michigan Theater on March 31, 2015. Enjoy the event photos below and an encore of Divine Selfie!