Thank you for your generous support of our work here at St. Mary Student Parish. We are only able to do the work of ministry because of your generosity. As we strive to meet the needs of our parish and ministries during this pandemic, we want to make it as easy as possible for parishioners and friends to continue to support our ministries, though we are not able to gather together for Sunday mass in person.
OPTIONS FOR GIVING
Personal Check: These can be sent in our offertory envelopes or in another envelope with a note for allocation, such as offertory, Sunday mass, etc. These can be sent to our mailing address:
St. Mary Student Parish
331 Thompson Street
Ann Arbor, MI 48104
Please use precautions in the process to prevent the spread of viruses (washing hands, not licking to close the envelope, but using a sponge blotter or glue stick to seal the envelope, etc.). While our parish office is not open to the public, a few staff members are keeping up with essential administrative tasks.
Online Giving: Many of you have signed up for online giving, which is a great help to us. Thank you. Whether you would like to make a one-time gift or use/create an account to make recurring gifts, please use this link: https://www.myowngiving.com/
Venmo: St. Mary Student Parish is on Venmo @SMSPumich. Join many students and parishioners who use this payment app on their smartphone to send money from their bank account straight to the offertory each week.
Financial Quick Reference
- Our federal tax ID number is 38-1358228. St. Mary Student Parish is registered as a tax exempt organization under 501(C)(3).
- Stock transfer through Wells Fargo
Depository Trust Company (DTC): 0141
Account Number: 5826-5216
- Stock transfer Vanguard to Vanguard
Account Number: 881-60554382
Other Ways to Give
- Stock St. Mary Student Parish gratefully welcomes gifts of stock. Donors may avoid capital gains taxes by transferring stock directly to St. Mary.
- Matching Talk with your employer about their matching gift program. They may be able to help you double or even triple the amount of your contribution!
- Real Estate Donating property to SMSP allows you to avoid tax on the appreciation in value and receive a current charitable deduction on your income taxes.
- Bequests Remembering SMSP in your will through a charitable bequest reduces the amount of your estate that is subject to estate tax.
- Charitable Trusts When you create a charitable remainder trust, you guarantee a gift to St. Mary Student Parish in the future. In return, you receive both an annual income from the assets you use to fund the trust and an immediate tax deduction. A charitable lead trust works the opposite way. SMSP receives an annual income stream from the trust assets for a period of time, and the remainder goes to your heirs.
Please contact Danielle Kopin with any additional questions.